1) After a solid start to the season, Southampton now find themselves having won just twice in 11 games.
2) Southampton’s success has come from having a solid defensive record. They have the 4th best defensive record in the league. Much of this success has come from £8.5 million summer signing Dejan Lovren. He is out injured until March.
3) Also out injured is their defensive midfield rock, Victor Wanyama. Gaston Ramirez and Rickie Lambert both face late fitness tests. If they do not pass it, it leaves them with just one striker in their squad – Jay Rodgriguez.
4) Southampton’s player of the season thus far is Adam Lallana. Matheiu Flamini eats players like Lallana for breakfast.
4) Southampton are a club in crisis. Their chairman has recently resigned and the replacement is the spoilt rich daughter of their deceased owner who could do with going on a diet. Mauricio Pochettino’s future was linked to their former chairman, Nicola Cortese. He will leave in the summer. They are their for the taking.
5) Arsenal have won 6 Premier League games in a row, conceding just once.
6) Aaron Ramsey is back fit. Remember him? The best Welshman in the world? Our player of the first half a season. Our top scorer. He is back. And fit.
7) The last time Southampton beat Arsenal was November 2002. That time, they needed a penalty and own goal to win the game.
8) Whilst Bacary Sagna has not yet signed a new contract, he is giving 100% every game and being a true professional. He will be MOTM tonight and score a goal (I am Mystic Meg).
9) Southampton have scored 17 goals at home this season. Arsenal have scored 23 goals away. That means the result will be Southampton 1.55 – 2.88 Arsenal.
10) Our mental strength has never been stronger. The strength and unity within the squad is amazing. Maybe we should have strength and unity as our club motto under our badge? Maybe have it in a cool language like Latin. I wonder what strength through unity translates too?
Likely line-up: Chesny, Sagna, Kos, BFG, Gibbs, Flamini, Arteta, Ozil, Ox, Giroud, Cazorla