- Chelsea have beaten Arsenal just once in 8 games
- In that time they have lost the FA Cup Final and Community Shield
- With Alvaro Morata injured, and failed bids for Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch, Chelsea have no decent strikers available
- Cesc Fabregas is also out. He has slithered into the jungle
- With Arsenal having no FA Cup game this weekend, Wenger has not reason NOT to play the strongest XI
- Arsenal are 9/5 to win To place a free bet without a deposit on this game on Arsenal
- With 9 trips to Wembley in 4 years (without needing to hire it), Arsenal will be motivated to make it a magical 10
- Chelsea have won just 1 of their last 6 games in all competitions
- Arsenal have the advantage going into the tie, having drawn 0-0 at Stamford Bridge
- With Sanchez gone and Mkhitaryan in, Arsenal feel refreshed
Chambers Mustafi Holding
Bellerin Elneny Xhaka Kolasinac
Result: So everytime I write one of the e, I get abuse. “Here he go’s again” many people write. Sometimes I get it wrong, such as the Nottingham Forest game, but often I get them right.
And once more, Arsenal beat Chelsea, taking it to just 1 defeat in 9 games against the West London outfit.
I have read some pundits saying Arsenal were “lucky” and “did not deserve to make the final”. Well over 2 legs, we scored twice, Chelsea once.
Our goals might have had some luck in them, Nacho Monreal’s pinball first and the deflection from Alexandre Lacazette’s pass for Granit Xhaka’s second, but as long as they hit the back of the net, they all count.
It is not like suddenly we can pick and choose what goals to count depending on whether there was a bit of luck in them.
Imagine the scenario: A goal is scored, the referee go’s to VAR to see if it was a valid goal. Any sign of luck and the goal is disallowed. What a load of rubbish.
So Arsenal are off to Wembley for the 10th time in 5 years, and we have not had to hire it!
Up the Arsenal.