This is an updated version of the blog for the 1st leg… https://shewore.com/2014/08/19/10-reasons-why-we-will-beat-besiktas-starting-11/
1) Our Record in qualifiers is Played 13, Won 12, Drawn 1, Lost 0, Goals For 29, Goals Conceded 3.
2) We beat another Turkish side (Fenerbahce) at this stage last season.
3) Gibbs is out for 2 weeks (2 months in Arsenal time), Koscielny is fit as is Mertesacker, which means the defence picks itself with Chambers likely to be on the bench.
4) 2 of the Arteta/Ramsey/Wilshire midfield trio are out. Arteta is Injured and Ramsey is Suspended.
5) Sanogo and Diaby are sadly listed as available , luckily all our German World Cup Winners are too.
6) Flamini will be Mr Versatile tonight covering every position on pitch (if needed) including between the sticks.
7) Their main threat will come from Chelsea reject Demba Ba.
8) Their Champs League record reads.. P 66, W 22, D 12, L 32, GF 64 GS 103. The Arsenal’s.. P 174, W 88, D 39, L 47, GF 279, GS 174.
9) The Arsenal Vs Turkish sides, P 8, W 4, D 4, L 0 GF 12, GS 2
10) Wenger Knows, get a good win tonight and it could be all steam ahead for not only the Champs League for real but also for signing the 3 or 4 players we will need to really challenge this season on all fronts now that Giroud could be out for a long spell.
My Starting 11 – Chesney – Deb, Kos, BFG, Monreal – Flamini, Jack, Ozil – Joel, Ox, Alexis