1) Our Record in qualifiers is Played 12, Won 12, Drawn 0, Lost 0, Goals For 29, Goals Conceded 3.
2) We beat another Turkish side (Fenerbahce) at this stage last season.
3) Gibbs is out for 3 weeks (3 months in Arsenal time), Koscielny is fit, Mertesacker didn’t travel, which means the defence picks itself with little or no backup.
4) Part 3 of the Arteta/Ramsey/Wilshire midfield trio experiment, let’s hope it’s more Man City than Palace.
5) Sanogo and Diaby didn’t travel with the squad, Sadly 4 Germans and Theo are also missing.
6) Flamini will be Mr Versatile tonight covering every position on pitch (if needed) including between the sticks.
7) Their main threat will come from Chelsea reject Demba Ba.
8) Their Champs League record reads.. P 66, W 22, D 12, L 32, GF 64 GS 103. The Arsenal’s.. P 174, W 88, D 39, L 47, GF 279, GS 174.
9) The Arsenal Vs Turkish sides, P 7, W 4, D 3, L 0 GF 12, GS 2
10) Wenger Knows, get a good win tonight and it could be all steam ahead for not only the Champs League for real but also for signing the 2 or 3 players we will need to really challenge this season on all fronts.
My Starting 11 – Chesney, Monreal, Kos, Chambers, Deb, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Alexis, Ox, Giroud.
We’ll be fine unless there is a calamity. The team needs a percentage game. Coming back home even with a draw will be good. Ideally get on the score sheet and play with maturity. Don’t be gung ho! COYG! this is the year when we show Mourinho who’s the baap in London.
Pingback: 19 Reasons why we will beat Besiktas + My Starting 11 | She Wore A Yellow Ribbon