1) After praising Szczesny in the ’10 reasons’ this season he goes and has a less than average game against Man City, hopefully that will be the little kick up the bum he will always need to remain focused.
2) Debuchy and Monreal out, Chambers 50/50 but who needs defenders when we have 6 players who can all play at no 10
3) Wenger is saying Bellerin is now ready, the young Barcalona born defender wont get a better chance to get a run of games at ours, like Ashley Cole (given his chance when the 2 LB’s infront of him were both out) he must hit the ground running.
4) Jack was back to normal against Man City, with Ramsey’s form being a bit hit and miss this season he needs to take control tonight.
5) Alexis, he will continue to get better and better the more he plays, his goal against Man City was pure class and nice to see some proper passion in a celebration.
6) Welbeck, I have seen worse debut’s. unlucky not to score early doors and works hard, tonight will suit him and he’s plenty of experience in the Champions League.
7) Flamini now becomes one of our most important players, being able to cover all the defensive positions on the pitch, so expect him to start on the bench to prevent him getting a yellow card early on.
8) We always seem to get out of the group stages, this season maybe Wenger has at last has worked out if you finish top you miss one of the big boys in the 1st knock out rounds.
9) Dortmund have several injury problems themselves with Mats Hummels, Nuri Şahin, İlkay Gündoğan, Jakub Błaszczykowski, Oliver Kirc, Ji Dong-won and, Marco Reus all likely to be missing
10) Wenger knows after 17 years and only 1 final and 1 semi final that this is the competition where he’s always been upstaged, maybe just maybe this year he will finally get it right … (?)
My Starting 11 – Chesney, Bellerin, Kos, BFG, Gibbs, Jack, Ramsey, Ozil (free role), Alexis,Ox Welbeck